Friday, February 04, 2005

What a gorgeous day. The temperatures got up into the 40s. It is supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. Nice because a friend of mine has to go to a wedding. February weddings can be very iffy but these people picked a great weekend.

I went and had lunch at the Dairy Queen in Plymouth with friends. There were only four of us but we had a good visit. Two of the regulars had gone to the Fireside for a show.

Did I tell you that I got a call early yesterday morning from Barbara, my daughter-in-law? I am a great grandma. Her son Adam's wife Lexi, had a baby girl on Wednesday night. She is a nice baby, 7lb. 6oz. and her name is either Adria or Adriana Nichole.

Can you believe that Bart is a grandpa. He has a birthday himself next month on St. Joseph's Day, March 19. He will be 34. I cannot believe that MY baby will be 34. I still remember his sweet little scrunched up face. He was so intense, even as a baby. My neighbor, Joyce Nusser, called him Mr. Magoo. Actually, that nickname stuck in the family for quite a few years. At least I called him Magoo until, as children do, he asked me not to.

I've been thinking of my babies lately, maybe because of little Adria or perhaps that little Baby 81 in Indonesia who has all those parents claiming him. That baby needs to find his parents. He will surely never lack for love. I miss my babies. Actually, I wouldn't want to raise a baby at may age - for sure. But I still miss my babies, and the sweet smell of them.

I hope your weekend will be as warm or warmer than ours. I have to work at Rhine on Sunday.


Joy to you

Mary

No comments: