Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Busy day as usual. It was rather gloomy but rather mild today. We went grocery shopping and then went to Office Max to pick up a couple of cartridges for the printer.

I cleaned my spice cabinet today. Sometimes one just has to face that job. I found out that I have two extra cans of black pepper. I guess I keep forgetting that I have one.

This afternoon, I got gas and the car washed, picked up Market Day and went to the bank. Whew.

Sears repair came today about the dishwasher AGAIN (as I mentioned yesterday) They are going to replace stuff again next week. I am sure glad that I have a service contract until 2007.

The reading for February 1 in my Cadfael Book of Days compiled by Robin
Whiteman was again so appropriate for the time we are living in NOW.
It came from Deadman's Ransom by Ellis Peters

"Those who go forth to the battle never return without holes in their ranks, like gaping wounds. Pity of all pities that those who lead never learn, and the few wise men among those who follow never avail to teach. But faith given and allegiance pledged are stronger than fear, and that, perhaps is virtue, even in the teeth of death."

We must pray that the successful election in Iraq, will speed up the return of our boys to us. There are too many holes in the ranks and too many gaping wounds in families all over our country and in our hearts.

Be Good

Mary

No comments: