Monday, January 31, 2005

It was a pleasant day for a walk and Chelsea and I really enjoyed it. The temps are in the 30s. Ellis Peters who writes Cadfael had this to say about February. "There were occasional spells of frost, but none that lasted long, and such snowshowers as there were were fitful and slight, but did not lie long." Probably more descriptive of Wales and Cadfael's land, but we do know that spring WILL come.

Bible study was interesting today. We were talking about setting a good example. Paul had his hands full with those Corinthian Christians. We seem to have our hands full just trying to do our best to be Christian.

Dick and I mixed up a batch of Chablis in the primary fermentor. We are down to three gallons of from scratch wines (2 Marigold and 1 Chokecherry) that need to be racked, filtered and bottled. I am about out of bottles too. We will have to start collecting from our sources again before the chablis is ready.

The rest of the day was quiet. I even took a nap at about 2:30. The animals all join me when I do that. Very comforting. Dick calls it the Peacable Kingdom.

Tomorrow is shopping and Market Day pickup. I also have the Sears person coming to check the dischwasher AGAIN. It is not draining. AGAIN.

Have a nice Tuesday.

Mary





No comments: