Sunday, September 12, 2004

I didn't cook today. We ate brats and hamburgers and scones from the Celtic Faire. The Celtic Mass and Faire went very well. The Mass was beautiful and everybody seemed to enjoy the Faire. We sold all the food, lots of beer, enjoyed the music and the weather was spectacular.

Yesterday, I went to Menasha to the Aestival Festival Writer's Conference. I went with Jane Kocmoud and Ann Pirrung, the co presidents of the Sheboygan Writers Club. On the way to Cleveland (Wisconsin that is) with Jane she congradulated me for getting on the inside cover of the Poet's Calendar. I said something like "What?" and she proceeded to tell me that my poem the Call of the Kettles was accepted for publication in the 2005 Wisconsin Poets' Calendar. I was totally delighted. It is quite an honor to be selected. Our local club had six member's work published this year so we are really proud and planning on letting the Sheboygan Press know. I know I am in good company as the above mentioned Jane Kocmoud, who has made it 5 times, and Ellen Kort, the recently retired Wisconsin Poet Laureate. are also included in this year's book. Wow- I have something else to list on my accomplishments.

The featured speaker was Michael Perry who wrote Population 485. I recommend it. It is a book of his experiences as a volunteer fireman in his community of New Auburn, (population 485). I recommend him as a speaker also. We have been trying to get him to come to Sheboygan in partnership with Mead Public Library. So far we have not been able to get him to commit.

This week will be much easier. I need to finish a quilt by Thursday night.

Hope you have a good Monday. I will post tomorrow night. Would you like to read the Call of the Kettles?

Mary

No comments: