Friday, September 10, 2004

This busy week is almost at an end. Tonight Bobbie and I started pistol league and lo and behold my first three league targets were pretty good. I got a 66, 62 and 57. Last year I was running down in the 30s and 40s so I feel pretty good about now. If I could find someone to join Rosalie and me, we could shoot the fall trap league too. Doesn't look to promising.

Tomorrow I will be going to a writer's conference in Menasha with two fellow members of the Sheboygan County Writers Club.

Sunday is Celtic Mass and Faire. If you go on the Sheboygan Press site www.sheboygan-press.com you can read the article about the Faire that appeared in the Beliefs Section tonight. I am quite pleased and hope it will bring in a lot of worshipers and revelers.

Here is a great soup recipe that is REALLY easy.

BLT Soup

6 slices bacon cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium onion sliced
2 (13 3/4 oz) cans chicken or beef broth
1 (14 1/2 oz) can of chopped tomatoes, undrained
2 tblsp steak sauce
2 cups chredded iceburg lettuce

In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble bacon. Pour off most of the drippings. Cook onion in reserved drippings for 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes and steak sauce. Heat to a boil - reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add lettuce and simmer for 2 more minutes. Stir in bacon and serve.

Enjoy.

Love

Mary



No comments: