Friday, September 17, 2004

This morning I helped set up for the quilt show. I picked up a "quilt" Sy Regan carved. I will add the little blurb that I printed to put with the items that he carved. He is really quite talented and has self published an instruction book for the beginning wood carver. Here is the short piece I wrote.

Sylvester (Salty) Regan is a local woodcarver and author. He is also a retired Catholic deacon. He has self published a book for the beginning woodcarver and recently a poem of his was accepted in the 2005 Wisconsin Poets' Calendar.

He got the idea to carve a quilt using the Trinity as the theme.. The result is this “quilt” composed of various Celtic triangular knots.

He enjoyed “quilting”. Thus the two additional “quilt” squares - one approximately 11” X 11” and the other about 3 ½” x 3 ½“.

Have a good Saturday.

Love

Mary

No comments: