Tuesday, September 14, 2004

We had so much rain in the spring and most of the early summer that we really felt that we would never need any more. But - the lawn is dry and becoming brown. So I have started watering. I am also trying to remember to keep the birdbath full as I am sure our little feathered friends will be appreciative of an easy drink. There are berries on several of my bushes so they will also be well fed - they should last through the winter. It really is a great year for berries.

Bobbie and Bill are on vacation so Dick and I are taking in the mail and papers and watering plants. Our reward is to be able to pick the produce that ripens while they are gone. I already have tomatoes. The little teeny weeny cherry tomatoes are especially sweet and good this year. We call them one of natures candies along with raisins and figs. We will eat tomatoes til we can't eat more and then I will freeze the rest.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Mary

No comments: