Saturday, November 21, 2020

It was cloudy today

Cloudy but not unpleasant.   Actually they are predicting rain but not til early tomorrow morning as I recall.   We really could use rain.   Of course, my Vita will be very unhappy with that.

Dean came with his crew and finished the trimming of the elm tree that needed help in the back yard.   They still look pitiful, of course, but they have it trimmed so that when spring comes the limbs and branches left will leaf out and in a few years they should look better and will, at least, next year provide SOME shade in the heat of summer.

Spent hours on the phones with my friend, Maureen, to get the virtual speech I have prepared on a power point so she can give it to the Chicago Irish Center for IBAM.    I am totally exhausted.

Went to Mass at 4:30PM.    It is sad to see the sparse attendance.   Fewer and fewer people are coming as time goes on even with the social distancing and masks.  People get out of the habit.    I would miss  communion.    Actually, the first couple months of the year, we had to watch Mass on TV and I was able to attend in person on my birthday.     I told Fr. Seeton that it was like I got a birthday present:)

Stay well and safe.   I pray for you all.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


A breath of fresh thought

Strides through your mind with joy

Always true to you

No comments: