Friday, August 21, 2020

Nice Day

 It was very pleasant most of the day.    The high was 98 this afternoon, but I did not have to be out in it at that time.

Did some wash and cleaned up things from Writer's Club this morning.

This afternoon, I went to the Celtic Club.   Again there were 6 of us.    We were supposed to meet at a new restaurant called Sam's on Cache.    I even had reservations that I made a week ago.    Guess what?    Got there and there was a sign on the door saying "Closed Indefinitely"     Can you believe that.    This is the second time this has happened to us.

So we went down the street to the Red Lobster and had a grand time.    I shared a barm brack recipe with them and the information that the Irish generally do soda breads.    When it is cool enough, I will have them here and host a good old Cream Tea.

Can't believe the weekend is here already.   Not that it makes too much difference to me:)

 

Dia Dhuit

Mary 

Haiku

Do plants feel their thirst

I like to think that the water

Makes them feel better.




No comments: