Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter

What a lovely Easter.   Jeff and Kathy picked me up shortly after 10AM and we went to Meadow View for a lovely visit and dinner with Mother.   She was fine, and we all enjoyed ourselves remembering and looking a pictures that Jeff is trying to get names to faces on.    Good Lord, he is still sorting pictures.    I think they are reproducing the the boxes and envelopes that he took home.   Better him than me.

We had ham, potatoes, broccoli and a delicious coconut cake for our dinner.   Had a little visit with a family friend Harriet Carpenter.   She and Jeff have been betting on the sports events.  Jeff won the Badger bet and they are on for tomorrow night.    They figure that they are about even right now.

Tomorrow will be a big sports day in Wisconsin what with opening day for the Brewers and that final game for the Badgers.   Wouldn't it be something if they take it all!

I fixed a small omelet for my supper with the first of the chives in my front garden.    See, spring will and is coming.    We had a small rain this morning, but really do need more.    Poor California is in dire straights I hear.

Well, love you all.   This is the first year that I ever remember not dying Easter eggs.   Seems odd, but then I did make hot cross buns and I like them better.   Gave one to Mom and sent some home with Jeff and Kathy.

They brought me a piece of Angel Food Cake.   She put lemon curd in it.   I hope she never loses that recipe.   It was SO good.

Dia Dhuit

mary

No comments: