Thursday, April 09, 2015

A rainy day.   Not too cold and it looked like  I would not have to go out after all as Kate postponed her birthday lunch.

BUT - when I woke up and opened the deck curtains, Nicky's clue that we are ready for his walk,  he did not jump out of bed.    First, I could only see his lump under the covers.  Then I saw him kind of wiggle towards an edge.  But he kept stopping.   I got all ready and finally peeked under the blanket to see if he was OK.   Lo and behold, the poor puppy had caught his dew claw in his collar.    His eyes were SO big.   I unhooked him and checked his nails.  He had not injured himself and sure enough, they all needed a clipping, though the regular claws were worn down some from walking,  However, the dew claws were curled back like a hook.   So I took him to the vet for a clipping.  He might not do it again before his next checkup but he could and could really tear himself up if he got frightened enough.   He was an angel at the vet.

So we did a bit of this and a bit of that today.   Took him out for a hopefully last walk tonight to thunder and lightening and a misty rain.

Dia Dhuit

The skies just opened up.   Rain is pounding on the roof.   Sure glad we got back in time.

Mary

No comments: