Sunday, October 05, 2014

IBAM

Safe home from a super weekend in Chicago at the Chicago Irish American Heritage center.   We got there in plenty of time for Felicia to be a part of the CWI board meeting and I was able to help Maureen Smith set up the Literary Salon of its two days of presentations.

As I told you, I was one of the presentations, giving a half hour talk and demonstration on how I come up with, design and assemble the quilted wall hangings that I create.   There was a good turnout and I was pleased with the response.   We had fun.   I was asked how I choose the fabrics at the "store" and had to confess that I find most of them in the stash that I have assembled.   This helped me to let them know that IF they don't have a stash,   Draw up their loose sketch of their idea and go off to a fabric store, independent smaller stores are usually the most help.   They will help you pull bolts and hold them against each other to see the look.    People in those stores, love helping creators.    I also was able to tell them that their idea might not be mind.   My "lady" in my proposed new wall hanging will have an apron.   One of my audience said she thought pink would be better.   I told her good.   Now she sees how your imagination and ideas make each creation unique.  It was fun.

I was able to attend several talks and discussions and even participate in and open mike.   I read Falcon and Crystal.

Attended a discussion panel on how to publish.   I think perhaps my dear friend Janet Bieschke will start writing and realize her work is so good.   I may have her coming to the Poets at Mead group.

Also went to the awards dinner and have my picture with Paddy Reilly AND John Mahoney.   Also ate dinner with Darren from the High Kings.

I am overwhelmed and so happy that I was able to attend this weekend.  More will follow as well as more about Scotland.

Dia Dhuit

Hope all are well

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: