Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Wednesday

Another full day.    Poor little Roxie had to go for another blood test check.   She is holding her own pretty well, but has come up somewhat anemic.   Her weight is maintaining and the fluids seem to be doing their job.   We are increasing the one med back to two tablets a day instead of 1 1/2.  

Then I did the grocery shopping and stopped at Capelle's for some fresh corn and a sweet pumpkin.   I leave the pumpkin on the porch until after Samhain (Halloween for the non Celts) and then cook it up for pie and cupcakes. 

I spent the afternoon confirming the place for the Samhain Harvest CWI potluck and preparing my papers for the Poets at Mead gathering this evening.   My friend, Janet Bieschke came with.   I had asked her if she would like to at IBAM.   She is a marvelous poet but has always just done it for herself.   So. I am glad that she is feeling that she can share it with the world.   We picked up Sy Regan on the way also.   The biggest group ever.   There were 21 people in attendance and every person read something.  Isn't that super.

Now it is bedtime.   I am taking the car in for service early tomorrow so better get to bed. That is my only outing tomorrow thought so I am grateful for that.

A short cinquan that I wrote about Scotland:

Ageless
This Scottish land
That we are traversing.
Modern alien intruders
Are we.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: