Friday, October 03, 2014

A reasonably busy day.   It is somewhat cooler and we had rain during the night.    The sun did come out for a while today but it still remained rather cool.

I have everything ready for IBAM.   My friend Debbie, who was going to drive, called and is very sick with the flu.   So needless to say she can not go.  So I will be driving.   Felicia with be with me and will be my navigator.

I had lunch at the Dairy Queen with the bank retirees.   Mary Schroeder came today.   She hasn't been with us for quite a while.   Good to see her again.

I am working on being able to send pictures from Scotland in different ways.  Got a bunch sent to Maureen for the CWI newsletter, I hope.

I sent some of Iona Abbey where Colm Cille landed when he came to Scotland and began his mission of converting the Picts to Christianity.  It is exciting to see these ancient rocks, some from his time, some reconstructions but all old and it creates a very thin place.  I loved that there is a stone with a sign next to it stating that it is supposed to be the stone pillow that Colm Cille slept on.   There is a legend that he did do this. 
Dia dhuit

Mary

No comments: