Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Monday

A whew, busy day.     Kathy Paul came by early this morning with the CWI Tartan Banner so that I can get it down to Chicago for IBAM this weekend.   She was kind enough to take it home from Irish Fest as I was staying later and that way did not have to carry it around. We had tea and a good visit.

Bible study was great.   Everybody was there except Felicia.   One of our ladies, Janet,  had been sick for a long time so we were surely happy to have her back.  We had a very interesting discussion of the fact that the Apostles seemed to be able to gather crowds with their excitement and why does that no happen today?   Good question, no answer.  We also got a real kick out of the expression "shaking the dust off your shoes" as you leave a place if you have not been welcomed there or feel that it is a BAD place.   An expression that was apparently used commonly back then.    The Jews used to shake the dust off their feet if they traveled in an area of Gentiles.

Mom was just fine.   I shared more Scotland.  She loved the pictures of the Highland Cows.   I will put a picture that I took on the blog tonight.  My neighbor, Jean, invited me to go with her to the Weill Center for a concert by the Moscow Jazz Orchestra.   I thought, why not.    I love going to concerts.   How nice of her to ask.

My Roxie is still not normal, a bit unsettled in her tummy.   I picked up a renewal to the medicine that was for intestinal trouble.    It was a short term med, but was renewable if she started in again.    I stopped on my way home from Mom's to get it.

Got lots of phone calls today.   The best was from my Bart.   He just called to check in and we had a good talk.

Tomorrow the Condo board meeting but at least I don't have to leave the neighborhood and can get caught up some more.

Almost time to go out to meet Jean for the drive to the concert so.   Love you all and

Dia Dhuit

Mary 

No comments: