Wednesday, March 05, 2014

This morning I took advantage of the fact that I had nowhere to go early so I stayed in bed until 9AM.   I haven't done that since I was a teenager.   I did keep dozing off so must have needed it.

Finally got up and went about the business of the house.   I took care of several  loose ends on CWI, the Tallgrass Board and my own banking stuff.

I cleaned the kitchen counters and sink and fixed some tuna for lunch as it is Ash Wednesday and should be meatless.  

I sorted the rest of Mom's stuff that came home with me and washed and folded some clothes.

I went to the 7PM service at St. John's.  Fr. Van Beek was our officiant.   It was a nice service.   I was communion minister so felt a big part of it.   We all got ashes of course.   Some of them looked like little black shamrocks on people's foreheads.  I was able to take communion to my neighbors, Tom and Rita and also mark them with the ashes.   I have some ashes left and will bring them to Mom when I go to visit her on Friday.

So.   I am drinking a bit of tea and my foot is very sore.   Time for bed.  I always feel best rested.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: