Friday, March 07, 2014

A super day.    It was "warm".   When I left the Dairy Queen at 1:30PM it was 46 degrees.   Yee Haa

I spent the morning at home.   The cleaning lady was here from 8 to 10.   I did some wash and bookwork and reading while she was working.   I was up and down a lot and got really worn out and sore so I took a pill and a nap.  

I left at about noon for the Dairy Queen stopping at Walgreens for the last of my prescription refills.   There were four of us for lunch today.   Marlene, who I saw at church on Ash Wednesday, was not there so Betty, Ceil and Barb had not heard about my foot.   Another telling.   We had a great visit.   Lots of things going on in our lives.   This retirement stuff is hard on a person.

I went from there to see Mother.   She was sound asleep when I got there.   She got a perminant this morning and looked so pretty.   We had a good visit and Aunt Kathleen joined us about halfway through my visit.   Mom has not noticed my foot so nobody say anything.   She doesn't need to be worrying about me.

I am, by the way doing quite well.   I can tell there is improvement from day to day and am able to control the pain by resting and an occasional pain pill.

Tonight I rode with Nancy and Warren to Rhine for the Bust up party for the Trap and Pistol leagues.   We had a lovely dinner of fish or chicken, fries and coleslaw with nice desserts.   I got my share of ribbing.  It is nice to have all those people who are really concerned about you and so encouraging.  My friend Bill Olson, said that everything is OK as long as I keep shooting.   We had a good time and now I am glad to be home and will be here until Mass tomorrow at 3:30PM or so.  

Tomorrow will be beautiful.   I am feeling ready to plunge ahead again.   I am not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing, but at least I feel good.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: