Sunday, December 01, 2013

Sunday - First Day of Advent

I managed to get the Advent Calendar that I made several years ago.  Actually while we were still in Hunters Glen.    I think you have seen it but I will send a picture.    I had to remove the first candy cane today and the piece of candy that was in the pocket.   Each day this will happen.   As I don't have a big tree this year to move the candy canes to, I will put them in a glass vase filled with stones or marbles until Christmas.   Of course, if anyone comes over, they get to that the cane and the candy out and they can keep them if they want.    I always send them to Jim each year after Christmas.   This too is tradition.

I got all the wreaths up and now my outside is totally decorated.   I am assuming that I have the timer working right.

I located the tree I got from Kate in the living room and have started moving other things up and around the house.   I had to spend part of today making a present for the Kettle Country Quilters on Tuesday.   We are having our party and exchange home made gifts.   I make a Christmas Stocking.   I still have to put the hanger on it but it is looking OK.

This coming week actually looks pretty quiet until the weekend.    A lot is happening on Friday and Saturday but I have lots of time to lead up to it.

So til tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: