Tuesday, December 03, 2013

It was rainy all day.    With temps getting up into the 40s it was only slippery rather early this morning.   I went to Generations for the walking class again.   The classes are Tuesday and Thursday every week and I started a couple of weeks ago at the invitation of my neighbor Pat.   She and her husband both go.   I think it will do me some good since I don't have a doggy to exercise me.  Rather walk the doggie but the people there are all fun.  It is about an hour.   Today we did kick boxing moves.   I can't use my right arm but just stick it in my pocket and do everything else.

When I got home, I showered and then continued with doing a bit more Christmas decorating.  I had to complete the present for the Christmas Exchange at the Quilt Club.   I made a patchwork  Christmas stocking out of satins with a black fur top and snowflakes and an angel on it.   

Had a fun time at the Quilters Christmas.  We always share a lunch at the December meeting.  I brought Pumpkin Cupcakes and some candy.    It was quite the spread.   Then we had our meeting followed by the gift exchange.    The present I received is a cool hot pad mitt and two crocheted hot pads.   Pretty and I can always use them.

Home again, I continued with putting things away and decorating.   Jeff and I were on the phone with a couple of things on Mom.   As it turned out, we needed to trade, so on his way home, he dropped my item off and picked his up.    I gave him some of the pumpkin cupcakes for his house.

I received a call from the VNA today.   I had called Dr. Hancock and asked if he would recommend that Mother be evaluated to see if she would qualify for palliative care under her insurance plan.   I really think she will.   She is truly the bridge patient.    She doesn't really need constant care but her weakness and  health concerns should be monitored .   Anyway, they will be out to evaluate her tomorrow at 10AM.   I will go there about 9:30AM to tell her.  She does know that I was going to call Dr. Hancock about this.

So my day at home tomorrow is now full.   Oh well, I will have the entire afternoon.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: