Saturday, December 07, 2013

Christmas Tea

CWI, SCHRC and the Plymouth History Museum celebrated our 8th Celtic Christmas Tea at the museum today.   It was lovely.   We had over 40 people in attendance and enjoyed the music of 4Reel, some of the musicians that play at 52 Stafford on Wednesdays.  

The goodies were, as always, so good and the company was super.   This event is the one that usually gets me into Christmas mood.   It was a bit hard this year when I went into church for Mass after the event.  I was called away last year because Dick's pneumonia had really felled him at that point.   The Celtic friends that were at the Tea and those at Mass were all supportive and though I still feel a bit "squishy"  (I can't think of a really proper word)   I feel the support and love of all those who care for me and are there if I need to call on you.   I love you all and will not hesitate to ask for help if I need it.


Mass was helpful and I was able to  remember with joy.   I took communion to Rita and Tom too.   That is such a pleasure.   I actually have Jesus riding in my car!   It was especially nice tonight because I was able to meet Rita and Tom's son Paul, his wife and son.

Tomorrow I can stay home which is a good thing because of this bitter cold that we are experiencing.  It could be worse, we could be in Oklahoma and Texas with cold AND snow.   Better clear up before I go to visit the Oklahoma kids right after Christmas.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: