Monday, December 09, 2013

Monday over

It was very cold today but by the time I woke up out roads, driveways and walks were shoveled and Mark was finishing salting.  On cold mornings like this, it is good to be in a condo.

Went to Sheboygan Falls at 9AM for Bible Study.   I had a coupon for a free Subway sandwich so I picked that up on the way as I was having lunch with Mom.    The RN and the OT from the Visiting Nurses were both coming.   She knew about the RN but the OT (Occupational Therapist) was new so I figured I should be there to kind of introduce.

Mom did just fine.   We had a lovely lunch together, got all the bills paid.   She was checked over by the RN.  This nurse was new to Mom, the gal, Pat, who will see her the most, was off today.   This nurse, MaryAnn, goes to St. John's with me.    The OT evaluated her and told Mom that she is doing just fine with what she does now.   There is nothing she will change or recommend.  So.  The OT will not have to come again.  This is good. 

I got home at about 2PM and took a short nap myself.  

I am working on Christmas Cards and Christmas packages.    I want to be able to mail everything by next Monday.   A reasonable goal.

Tomorrow I am going to Gibbsville Cheese for that part of my gift and to get Mom's gifts ordered too.  Kate is going with me.   A couple of years ago, I had mentioned to her that I go every year and she asked to go along.   So I ask her every year.   It is good to have company out there and we will do lunch on the way back.   

So, I believe that it will still be cold tomorrow, but no snow, so we will be safe driving out there.  Hope you readers with all the snow are starting to get some relief.   This is really a very odd year.   That new storm better go somewhere else.    Not here either please.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: