Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Deep Freeze

It never got into the teens today.  I went grocery shopping this morning and picked up a few more Christmas cards. 
Then I spent the day working on Christmas presents and generally cleaning.   I realized that it is only two weeks until Christmas and I will be leaving the day after so I want the house in order and everything kind of organized before I leave. 

I will have quite enough to come back to.

This evening I went to the Poets at Mead meeting with Sy.   He and his Nora are such a dear couple.   They always want to give me things and worked it out good this time.  Nora sent a bottle of Bushnell Irish Honey with a lovely thank you note for helping out her Sy.   I enjoy taking him to these poetry events.   He is good company.   I am having a nice little shot of that Irish Honey tonight to ward off the cold. 

So that is pretty much the day.   It was Zero degrees when I pulled into the garage.  It will probably dip below before morning.   We had two poems tonight about the warmth of a home.   Clark's about the home being a warm "capsule" against the winter and Sy's being a lovely story of he and Nora in their home today after 69 years of marriage - alone again as at the beginning and so content with each other.   It was lovely.

Stay warm.   About everybody in the country has to try to do that.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: