Saturday, September 21, 2013

This was a busy Saturday.   Not fun Saturday but a busy one.

We had to have a special meeting of the Tallgrass Condo residents to decide if we would accept an offer of cluster mail boxes, to be paid for and installed by the post office.    There is a reason to believe that door to door and mail boxes such as ours will be required to be  cluster boxes in the future as the post office is trying to become solvent.   At that time the post office probably won't offer to install them.  We as a board believed it to be a good idea but were voted down by a one vote margin.     I figure I won't be here when it happens but would like to see the faces of those who voted no when the association has to pay for it.  The cost now is about $8000 and will be more when the demand will support it.

So that is done anyway.   I have been sorting things again and just resting.   Mass was at 4PM and now I am home until Monday morning.  

 I am going to sort and sew and bake and write.    Lots to get ready for next week.

I was a communion minister today.  You know how much I like that.  Next Saturday will be my first time as a lector at St. John's.   I must review the readings sometime during the week.

Hope I can open the house up tomorrow.   I was able to do so for a while today but it was really a bit chilly.   Speaking of Chili,   I took our a container of Dick's chili for my lunch today.   There is still a bit of that last batch we made together.

I love these memories.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: