Thursday, September 19, 2013

I had a very pleasant evening at the Stafford last night enjoying the music.   It started out a bit slow but by the time I left at 9PM, there were 7 musicians playing the music.   I sang a song again.   I do like to contribute and as my friend Laurel would say.   Singing, Mary, a bar.   No surprise.

Today was just fun.   I did not accomplish too much.   I did a load of wash this morning and got some things ready for baking this afternoon.  I met my friend, Barb MacEwen at the Blind Horse for lunch.   She had not been there and I was able to tell her how good it was because that's where Leif, Nora and I went for dinner the last time they were here.   Today I had a grilled cheese.   It was SOO good.   Mozzarella cheese with tomato and basil on French bread.   I also had black truffle fries.   I hear about truffle oil and taste and just HAD to try them.   They were really very good.

I then drove over to Mom's because I had a glass of wine for here and since I was so close, it seemed like a good idea.   It was.   She was glad of the company and is actually getting low on, though she is not out of wine.

Home again, I worked on the computer and made some phone calls and baked some cupcakes.   Then it was 4:30PM and time to go to visit with the neighbors at our Thursday afternoon gathering.   A small but happy group today.   It was a beautiful afternoon and so pleasant under the trees.    I got home at about six and made dinner and some pear scones.   

Now I am so tired.  Too much fun I guess.

Until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary.  

No comments: