Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday! Monday!   Always busy.   Today was no exception

I started off, as usual at Blessed Trinity for the Bible Study.    We had a full room plus.  Joseph's daughter Rebecca joined us for the study.   She is visiting Joseph and Felicia on her way back to California after visiting her sister in England.   She was in England for her sister's baby's baptism.  Wow, that's a mouthful.

Good bible study.    We certainly know how Matthias was chosen to replace Judas and why there had to be a replacement.

Then I went over to Mom's.   She seemed pretty good today.   We got her bills all paid.   I brought her a loaf of chocolate zucchini bread.  Her sight is so bad.  That is discouraging to her.   Whoever is there during the day helps her choose her evening television.  She is trying Meet the Parents.    I told her the premise and she seemed to think that would be OK.   If she doesn't like it she just goes to the Antiques Road Show.     But Meet the Parents is a fun show.

I zipped home and then drove to the Exchange Bank where I met my fellow poet and friend, Peggy.   We had lunch and a visit before walking over to Book Heads for the Cream City Writers meeting.   We had some very good readings and I shared the information that I received at the Poetry Circle about the 100 Thousand Poets event which will be taking place on September 28th at Mead Public Library.   Readings by Wisconsin's Poet Laureate, Max Garland, music and open mike for local poets. 

Home again, I took a walk.   It was so chilly this morning, but had warmed up to 60degrees or so and the sun was out so I decided to take advantage of it.  Had a wonderful walk.   I gathered oak leaves for my talk at IBAM next month.

Now I am settled in and watching the first show of the season of Dancing with the Stars, the only "reality" show that I watch.    Yea.

Tomorrow will be quieter but I am meeting a travel agent about the Scotland trip later in the day.

Wish me luck

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: