Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday has been so nice.   After over seven days of activity, I had a day at home, just Roxie and me.    I love the activity but also love the days when things are quiet.   It is like being on vacation and having the best time ever but looking forward to being in one's own home (or nest as I like to call it.)

I slept until 8:30AM.   That luxury will be over for the next couple of days, at least.    I have done some wash and sorted my desk.   I have a couple of computer projects that I will do tonight and have talked to or left messages with the kids that were not here last Monday night.   That was such a special day.   I love my family and it was to good to hear the stories about my sweetheart from his employees and friends.    I am a very blest person.  

The rose that Bobbie and Bill brought to me on our anniversary is still looking good.   I smile every time I pass the counter.  

I have been occasionally letting Roxie out on the deck with me.   We sit together and enjoy the early evening shade and breeze.    I watch her like a hawk but she seems to be aware that it is a LONG drop to the ground and is content to wander around sniffing leaves and occasionally just lying down to enjoy the fresh air.  

I am planning on going to IBAM in October on the weekend of October 11-13 and then taking plane to Shreveport to spend some time with Leslie and Bill AND go to New Orleans.   It seems that this is the only way Leslie will get to New Orleans so this will be a great adventure.   Bart and Barb MAY join us.    Wouldn't that be a great event.

Til Tomorrow Dia Dhuit and I love you

Mary

No comments: