Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A reasonably quiet day but hotter than the hinges of Hades.    It was not too bad in the morning.   I had to drive up Manitowoc to a book store for my Schlitzhagen book.   I left one there for the owner to showcase.  

She was so funny.    I liked her.   She told me that she is 83.   She has been married 5 times.   Her last husband died in May and she is online looking for another.

I came back to Plymouth, picked up a book from Sue at Book Heads, stopped at the post office to see if there was any mail in the Tallgrass post office box and did a bit of grocery shopping.   Now I have no appointments or any meetings or anything until Friday when I will probably join the ladies at Dairy Queen.  Yea.    I have so much to do around here.

This afternoon, I took a nap.   Then I started catching up on the condo secretary work.   I did my first draft of the minutes of the board meeting and will review and send them for editing to the board tomorrow.

Jeff and Kathy stopped by this afternoon with lots of veggies for me.    I will be eating fresh and preserving the rest for the nest day or two.    He brought lots of apples.   I will make a pie and and applesauce.

Got a call from Linda, the board person assigned to grounds.   She asked me to go with her to kill some ground bees.    Never a dull moment.

Kate called this evening to tell me she liked the present that MaryAnn and I gave her.   I bought two hand etched wine glasses and surrounded them with a bottle or wine and a table runner so that she and Ron can have a romantic hour or two looking our their dining room alcove together.  Her 50th Wedding party was very elegant and lovely.

While we were talking, thunder and lightening began and it rained like crazy.   It seems to have quieted down.   We could actually use more, I bet.

Well,   It is time to wind down.   I will be going to bed to read and relax.   I tried to call Jim and Michelle again tonight.   Got the answering machine.   Maybe they will read this and check in.

So until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: