Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday was pretty usual.    I started a bit early.   There was a lot to do to get ready for the day.

I left at about 9AM to gas the car up before driving to Blessed Trinity in Falls for Bible Study.    We had a good crowd and a good discussion.   I was not there last week because of family so they had gotten started on the study of Acts.     I told you, I think, that our commentary considers Acts to be Luke the Sequel.    The very first part is about the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven.   We talked a lot about the references to the Messiah coming to the WHOLE world but not Just the Jews, in the Old Testament.

Then to Mom's.   We only had one bill to take care of so had a longer time to visit this morning.  Next Monday, Labor Day, will be her anniversary.   I must get flowers to take to her that day.   And a bottle of wine.

Home again, I am catching up on Condo, Celtic Women, Writing and Sewing things.  

This evening I went to Suchon Funeral home for the funeral of a lovely lady named Joan O'Reilly.   She is Kenny Thuemmler's aunt.   I knew her and her husband Pat for years, seeing them at Irish Fest and in the St. Patrick's Day walk.    Poor Pat, will be lost without her.   But he has faith like me that they never really leave.

So it is now bed time.   Roxie was quite unhappy with me for leaving this evening.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: