Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just came back from partying.     I slept until 8AM and was able to just be here until 3:30PM.

Went to St. John's for Mass.   I think I told you it was Kate and Ron's 50th Anniversary.   The celebration started with Mass.    I was a Eucharistic Minister so got to be part of the Mass for them.

Then down the hill to Amore's which is connected with Antoinette's.   It is the dining hall where we celebrated with Kate and Ron.  She is such a perfectionist.    The table centerpieces were stunning.   Those really tall vases full of flowers and flowing with ribbons.   Each attendee received a gold and white woven coaster with a bright gold star on it.    She even made the napkin rings.   Shower curtain gold rings tied with a beautiful pink rose and filmy ribbons.  

The food was excellent, the drinks on them.   I was surprised at that but I do know how much this meant to Kate.   As the dessert was being served, they presented a slide show of the 50 years plus backed by music and narrated by Kate.

An altogether lovely event.

Maryann Prust Robinson and I tried to get over the the Wagon Wheel in Howards Grove for some of the High School Reunion but got there just in time to greet a couple of friends,  Marlene Budahn and Barbara Wells.    They are both married but some of my readers will remember these last names not the married.   The drive also gave me a chance to visit with Maryann for a while.    She is great.

Now it is time for bed.   Roxie is trying to point that out to me.

So Until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: