Thursday, August 22, 2013

The week is just about over.  Leslie and Bill will be leaving in the wee hours of the morning already.

Last night, as I said we all spent a lovely two to three hours in Lone Oak Park with my neighbors for our annual picnic.   It was hot and muggy most of the day but there was a lovely breeze under the shelter at the park and we ate like royalty.  Bobbie and Bill got to meet several of my neighbors and vice versa.   After the picnic, as I mentioned we went to 52 Stafford for the music and stayed til the pick up band stopped playing.   I did sing Whiskey on a Sunday which is my wont.   Saw several friends also enjoying the music.

We enjoyed a glass a wine when we got home and all went to bed.  We slept late.   Actually Bill and Leslie surprised themselves by waking up after 10AM.   We had a late breakfast of pancakes and Irish white pudding, sausages and bacon.    Nummy nummy.   I had also picked up some sunflower seed butter and dabbed a teaspoon of that onto a slice of apple for us all to sample.    We like sunflower seed butter.

I finally used up the last of the soybutter by combining it with peanut butter for another batch of cookies.    And I still have people to share with.  Care packages for Leslie and  Bill.

We sent to Capelle's so that they could pick up corn and kohlrabi to take home with them.  Then met Bobbie and Bill at the Twisted Root for a farewell dinner.   We sat inside as going on the patio would not have been good with both Bobbie and Bill Smith being mosquito magnets but got a lovely view of the river.

As I say, it has been a wonderful week.  I feel like I have been on vacation myself.    I still have two more nights of  "revelry" with my High School Reunion AND Kate and Ron's 50th Wedding Anniversary but it will all be good.

So tomorrow I need to pick up a card, paper and a bottle of wine for Ron and Kate and try to find order in my life.   It has been such fun.   Life is good.

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: