Saturday, July 06, 2013

beautiful

I forgot last night.     Friday was not at all an exciting day to write about anyway.   Not sure today is either, but I will try.

It is beautiful outside.   Kind of muggy for just sitting, but the world is green and full of bright colors and the sky is blue with wispy clouds and the birds are singing their hearts out.

My new batch of robins have left the nest.    I went out to get the mail and saw a bird in the driveway.   I stepped off the porch and he started chirping like a crazy bird.   I realized he was one of the new babies.    He ran like the dickens into the tall grasses to the left of my driveway.   If he fell, he apparently was able to slow his fall and I can only hope he is able to fly and take care of his own little self.

I baked a rhubarb cake this morning for Bobbie and Bill and me tomorrow.   They are coming for dinner.  Yea.   I love people in the house.   And I love to cook

I made the best colcannon today,  I simply have to share that tomorrow.

I went to Mass with my friends Kate and Rita again tonight.   It is nice to have prayer partners.    A nice mass.   I was only 15 minutes late for Roxie's dinner.

I must tell you what Dick did to me last night.     I started to get ready for bed and turned on the ceiling light on in the bedroom.   Then I went around the bed to the bathroom, washed my face and turned on the light in the headboard.   I then walked back to the switch and turned off the overhead light.    Back to the bathroom, I put my pajamas on, brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom.   As I walked out, Dick turned the overhead light on again so I had to go all the way back around the bed to turn it off again.   He is such a tease.  I love it.

 Dia Dhuit

Mary




1 comment:

MommaMeg said...

Dad always was a tease... I'm so happy that he's showing that to you at this time! Love you so much!