Monday, July 01, 2013

The year half gone

The year is half gone.   I can't believe it.

This was a typical Monday morning.   However, I dropped my old glasses off at Advanced Eye Care.   When I got the new ones, I had the option of getting new lenses in my old ones for half price.  I had to make sure that they were OK first.   And they are.   So now I will have two pair that I like.

Then on to bible study.   We are on our last Psalm, 107.   It is a Psalm of God as Savior of the Distressed.  Our big epiphany is that the same reasons for distress are in our world and in our experience as they were all those years ago.  And we still have the same God to call on and trust in.

Mom was feeling pretty good today.   We got her bills paid and her pill box loaded and had time for a bit of a visit too.  One of the things that really distresses her is the fact that her sight is so bad and there is nothing that can be done to improve it.    She is still able to read but it is a chore.   She is reading my book and I am so proud.

Last night our Nora called from Colorado.   She and Ernie and Marcus are all settled in their new home.   It has been really hot there but they are safe from the fires.  They have a view of Pike's Peak from their house.    She is going to school so is a busy girl what with being such a great Mom to Marcus too.    I love that they send u tubes of him.   He is growing SO fast.

I got home from Mom's just at noon.   I had the people from Steger Heating coming to replace a part of the stove today at noon, I was glad they were a little late.

After they were done, I heard people and machinery in my side yard so I went out to look and two Daves from the condos and Nate were trimming trees,especially around the electric box.  They also took down a tree that was dying and looked really crappy from the berm to the right of my unit.   And they trimmed the tree that is fairly close to the house so it shouldn't be hanging over the roof for another year or two.

Tomorrow they are coming in the morning to stain the deck and front porch.  They are coming early enough that I should be able to go to the quilt meeting and get to my doctor appointment by 3:30PM.


As long as I am in Sheboygan I am going to check out the Ebco Arts Center and go to Best Buy to check the price of their ink cartridges.

Always plenty to do.

Dia Dhuit

Mary







Quote from St. Brigit of Kildare:

"A person without a soul friend is like a body without a head."

No comments: