Wednesday, July 03, 2013

July 3

It was a rainy day, but pleasant.   I had my deck sealed and stained yesterday and was pleased to see the water beading on the wood during the rain.   It worked. 

This afternoon, I took out most of the herbs that I stored in the garage back out to the deck.   It looks nice.   The tables chairs and rest of the plants will go out tomorrow.

I feel really good about today.   A lot of things were settled into things that I can handle.  I am taking a class from a friend.   It is in learning yourself.    Today I learned not to use the word SHOULD.  Instead, replace "do I want to" or " or do I need to" for the word should.   Puts things in perspective.   I like it.    This way we will not punish ourselves for things undone.

So tomorrow is the Fourth of July.   I must remember to put our my Flag in the morning.    I have pulled out a bratwurst for my dinner tomorrow and have some cole slaw to go with it.   I have some cupcakes in the freezer so am ready for the day.    The condo people who are not with family or out somewhere are going to meet in our open space at 4:30 for a fun time.   I am sharing two of the wines that Dick and I made back in the day and several people want to buy my book.   I hope to make a good start with that.  

So I am going to fix myself a nice cup of soothing decaf tea and settle in for the night.   My Roxie is stretched out on the tv tray in front of my desk already settled in.

She was a happy girl with me home today.

Happy Fourth of July.   We have so much to be thankful for.   And pray for the firemen who lost their lives in that horrible fire and their families.

Bart has gone to visit his Dad and Aunt Jacquie in Bullhead City.   He made the drive OK.  The first on his own in forever.   I am so pleased.   I had a great talk with Jacquie today.   She is sure glad that she is Republican.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: