Friday, June 07, 2013

A very full day.   I was up and at 'em by 7:30AM.  Jody got here at 8AM.  I washed the sheets so that she could help me make the bed before she left. 

The morning was quiet.   I picked up and put things away until 11AM, when I left to do lots of errands and have lunch with the bank girls.   There were four of us.   Betty, Marlene, Ceil and me.  I had a good old mushroom burger and got caught up with he girls.  It was a fun lunch.

The errands I had were the post office, the bank, the Sewing Basket, Walgreen's and Kettle Moraine Veterinary.   Now, tomorrow I can be home except for going to Mass at 4PM.   Yea.

This evening I went to the Plymouth Arts Center for their opening of their summer juryied mixed media art show.   I was pleased to find that my cousin Steve Bowser was again accepted.   I loved his painting called Red Tide.   A really striking abstract.   A couple of other people I knew were also represented.   Kitly Klitch, who teaches at the Art Center, had an oil called Fallen and Larry Basky, an artist I have long admired had two silkscreen monotype accepted.   I really loved the one called Water Walker.  He said it was his mother and I can see that.

A lovely evening.   Love music by local pianists and wine and snacks to enjoy as one puruses the art.

Kitty Klitch also had an exhibit of her student's work in the main event room.   My friend Mark Montaba got a second place.   That is really special as they are judged by their peers.   There was also a wall of paintings by Larry Krause a Sheboygan Falls Native who died this year and was a student of Kitty's.   She did a portrait of him too.  It was quite impressive.

So Goodnight all.

Dia Dhuit

Mary









No comments: