Sunday, May 26, 2013

A full day at home.   Roxie was so delighted.  She just kept occasionally murmuring at me and snuggling.

I was, of course, busy all day.   I spent part of the morning on getting my files and lists ready for my stint as the Tallgrass Condo Secretary.   Then I went downstairs and cut out the rest of the blocks for the pillow shams for my bed.   I have it all laid out, so tomorrow  I will start sewing it together.  

I was also on a baking frenzy today.    I made Irish soda bread and Irish brown bread this morning.   Then, this afternoon, I baked a rhubarb cream pie.

George, my brother, called today.   They are in town. They were at Mother's when they called and are   bringing lunch to her tomorrow.  They invited me to join them which will be such a treat.   I will be bringing the rhubarb pie that I baked today.    I have to save one piece for my friend Allison because I promised.

Marilyn Bordeau, a neighbor who does lots of work on the lawns, came over and cleared out a lot of brush, trees and weeds from my back area.  The people who owned the condo before, put in a garden area back there.   This is not a part of the condo's landscaping so has to be maintained by the owner.  I was able to the first couple of years, but am not able to any more.   I do maintain the area around the bird bath.   She simply cleaned it out, not weeded but got rid of dead stuff and cut trees that were growing everywhere and exposed the cut tree stump that is in the shape of a heart.    I don't think I ever told you about that.    I am going to carve Dick's and my initials on it.   Then I will take a picture and post it for you.

I had enough rhubarb from my own plants from my back garden, but Kathy, another neat neighbor brought me a nice bunch from her sister's house.   I can make some muffins too.  Yea.    I love rhubarb.

So have a nice Memorial Day.   As you can see, I will.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


Quote:
Philip Neri prayed, "Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow."

No comments: