Friday, May 31, 2013

I had a whole day in the neighborhood.    Jody came at 8AM to clean for me.   About 9AM, the phone rang.   It was a dear friend, Jana Hertz, from California.   She was just thinking of me and called.   We had a nice catchup talk.     I had reconnected with her a while ago and then  Bret and I had lunch with her when I was in California.   I think I mentioned that.     She is one who remembers my Tony.   It is comforting to know that he is still remembered by some.

I did my very first welcome meeting with a new owner in Tall Grass.  Part of the secretary's job.  There is a welcome letter with contacts, a packet with FAQ about the condo rules and regs and a list of owners and phone numbers especially the Executive Board and Committee heads.    It was a pleasant visit and I was able to answer a couple questions and update my contact list with her email address.

Then I weeded a bit around the birdbath.   I finished sewing the second pillow sham that I am making for my bed.   Now I just need to clip and wash them and my bed will look nice.

I called my Bret tonight.  He was just getting ready to join Janett at the pub after she was done with work.   Then they are going out to dinner.   A nice way to end a work week.

Anyway, I have been busy all day.   Now I heard that a tornado or two touched down in the Oklahoma City area,   Must pray for our Jim and Michelle. 

So the time has come to start winding down for the night.

Tomorrow I am going to the Highland Games in Wauwautosa.   Should be fun.   I can learn more about Scotland and perhaps find help for the trip I want to plan.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: