Friday, March 22, 2013

The week has finally come to an end.   I had altogether too many things going on for one week.    I am after all supposed to be retired.

Today I had errands to run.    After Jody left,  I went over to the bank.    Then I drove downtosn to the trophy store and finalized the order for the plaque for Dick to be hung at Mead.    Then I stopped at the Exchange Bank and picked up a pound of coffee which I seem to have lost between there and home.   Finally home, in time for lunch.   I tried to nap but couldn't relax so I went back to work on the cookbook.

At 4PM I started getting ready for the Soup with Substance, Sacred Spaces and Places of Ireland at Silverlake College.    Nancy Roehre rode with me to the Sheboygan North Walmart where we met Joan and Dick Kramer to car pool up to Manitowoc.    It was a lovely event.     We had a soup buffet supplied by local restaurants, with rolls, dessert and coffee or water.   They had four kinds of soup.   Three were meatless for us fasters.   Though as Nancy pointed out, we are old enough that we don't have to do that any more if we don't want to.    I had two bowls of soup, minestrone and potato.   I like my minestrone better but it was quite good.    Then Julianne Stanz, a Irish Native and Director or Evangelization of the Diocese of Green Bay spoke to us about the lands of Patrick, and Kevin - the holy places of Ireland and the famine and shared spirituality with other cultures.    She was absolutely fascinating.    I introduced myself as a Celtic Women and promised to send her a picture of my wall hanging of St. Kevin when it is completed.

As we were leaving we noticed a corner wall covered with wood crosses of all types. made from the wood from areas of disaster.    There was a little poem next to it and guess who wrote the poem and prepared the display?    Our Denise's Samantha!!!   She is such a talented little thing.  

Now it is late and Mary needs to go to bed.  

You will never guess what I did to our poor Roxie.   As I was getting ready, the doorbell rang.   It was Peg Stahlman bring back my cake pan that I had prepared bars for the History meeting.    Then the phone rang and then Nancy came while I was still on the phone.    Long story short, I forgot to feed the little darling.    And it took her about 15 minutes of insisting before I remembered.   Poor little thing.  

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: