Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Irishman's Walk is over.   I had lunch with some of the Celtic Women an came home for a nap.    I will be going to Eileen's house at about six to enjoy some more St. Patrick's Day with the family.

As I promised, I will tell about last night's festivities.   I talked to Nancy Roehre yesterday afternoon and since she was going  to 52 Stafford for the Blarney Concert.  We had such a good time.  There was a man with his family, who was giving away shamrock beads that light up to anyone who came by.    I talked to him and told him a story about my recent trip to the river where I got beads.    Janet, Bret's lovely lady, me and three of the assorted children of Bret's friends decided to go for a walk on Sunday afternoon.  Bret's park is laid out with the permanent residents, those who keep their mobile homes there all year round and have leases on their lots above on a slight ridge above the area for snowbirds and people who come for a night or two.   Janet likes to walk through the snowbird area, then towards the river and then along the river and back to the mobile home.  

As we were walking past the campers and motor homes we noticed one that had its window just packed with  souvenirs from all over the country.   There were painted gourds and M & M people and stuffed animals and so on.  As we were walking by we saw the couple who live there sitting outside with their dogs.   They had Papillons.   Such cute little dogs, so we started visiting.    They showed us, I should say the kids, how a plastic dog skeleton worked.   It walked and talked.   He gave Morgan, the little girl with us, a brand new backpack that they had found in their travels.   They let us tour their trailer to see the window closer.   Then as we were leaving, they pulled out about 10 Mardi Gras Beads in gold and green and gave them to us.      When we got back to the park, everybody was asking where we got all that stuff so we told them we had gone to Mardi Gras and to the local museum.

So I told this story to the man handing out the St. Patrick Day Beads and he gave me the beads AND a pair of light up earrings too.    I am quite the sight when I am all lite up.

Blarney were worth going to listen to as usual.    It was an altogether pleasant evening.   We left as soon as the show was over.

I baked scones yesterday.   I had to make two batches.   I forgot to put butter in the first batch and though they are edible, they are pretty dry.   The second batch turned out great.   My friend Joan Brigham came by and had tea and scones with me before we left for the Walk.   Then we went to the Stafford and took a lift up to the start site.   There were six of us Celtic Women,  not as many as I hoped, but it  hoped but it was awfully cold and I think this discouraged a few.   

I guess that I have told you enought now as it is time for me to head to Eileen's for a bit of family St. Patrick's Day festivities.


I love you all and hope that this Holy day was special for you too.

Dia Dhuit

Mary



I gues this is enougth for now as it is

No comments: