Friday, February 01, 2013

Talk about cold.    I looked at thermometer at 6AM when I fed Roxie and it was -3.   Yes MINUS 3 degrees out there.   As far as I can tell, it never got over 7 degrees.   Fortunately, the wind they predicted did not materialize.   The sun DID help to cut the chill.   It still got into the bones though.

I generally picked up around the living room and house and tried to make sure that I am ready for tomorrow.    Tomorrow will be a Marathon Day for all the Deeleys.    I think you all know that tomorrow at 11AM there will be a baby shower for two little twin boys that will soon come into this world to join their parents John and Holly Michels.    With two, I rather imagine that Holly is hoping for sooner rather than later.  (Not too soon, of course.)

From Fred and Eileen's house and the shower, we will all troop over to Kurt and Jody's for the Annual Wild Game Feast and Beer Tasting Party.  Looks like there will be quite a crowd again this year.    We are all so happy that Denise and family and Stenn and Bing are coming.

I will prepare the venison roast in the slow cooker early and then drop it off  to finish at the Thuemmlers  on my way to the baby shower.   I decided to also make a loaf of brown bread for the crowd.

This morning I met my friends, Betty and Ceil in the Fleet Farm parking lot and rode with them to Blue Harbor for the Mayflower Tours annual program.   They served coffee, tea, juice and sweets along with a long program hilighting the tours for 2013.   A good program really.    I wanted to go because I will beging treveling eventually and wanted to see what they had to offer.   Lots of fun trips out there, but fortunately none on my bucket list so I was not tempted but still got a feel for prices and places.   Altogether a good way to spend a couple of hours.   Saw a couple of other friends too.

The three of us joined Marlene at Dairy Queen for lunch and then I came home.   I did have to traipse out again later because I received some items that I had to go to take care of at the bank.   I could have waited until Monday, I guess, but you know me.    Impatient and I don't like loose ends.

So a full day and tomorrow will be a whole play day.   The cooking is as much fun for me as the parties.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: