Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yesterday was a truly relaxing, stimulating and informative day.    Mike and Debbie O'Grady picked me up shortly after 9AM for a drive to the Irich Heritage Center in Chicago for Maureen Smith's Chicago branch of CWI Brigid Celebration.   

We aimed to get there by noon so Debbie and I could help Maureen set up for the event which started at 1PM.  I had met with another of our Celtic Women, Janet, to pick up several of her collection of Brigid as Saint and Goddess for display.   She will be so pleased to hear that she has one statue that Fr. Dennis O'Neill does not have.   I believe that he is jealous.   I brought my Bridget Icon and the wall hanging that I did of Brigid.   During the latter part of the program, Maureen had me explain the motivation and the influences that helped me to do the wall hanging.  I read a couple of the poems inspired by the Brigid trip of 2011.   Here is one:

Alone in the darkness together
We are surrounded by the ancient chant
Hidden until this time,
I find it in my heart.

I felt a bit intimidated as I was reading poetry at an event dedicated to our friend, Patricia Monaghan, poet, author and Celtic and earth expert.    Her husband, Michael Mc Dermott, and his daughter were there.   He read excerpts from their new book which I have on preorder and her poems were read throughout the event.  

Fr. O'Brien started the whole thing actually with stories and history of Brigid.    He is an expert on Brigid and I must get some of his books.    There were so many other things packed into the day. 

Mike, Debbie and I stopped for dinner on the way home and arrived here at about 8:30PM.   Roxie was sure glad to see me.     I decided to get ready for bed as my neck and arm were really hurting so that is why I did not post last night.

Today was much quieter.   I went to Mass this morning.   Mary Kaye Evans had asked if I could serve communion this morning for her.   I think I needed that.   Giving the Lord to people never ceases to amaze me and I was a bit down this morning.   I just suddenly became very lonely.

It is better now and I had a very nice day, sorting things and napping and baking.

So I am ready for tomorrow and the new week.

Bless you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: