Friday, November 16, 2012

What a good day.   The temperature was in the mid forties, but it was so damp that it felt much colder.  Kind of into the bones.

Jody came to clean at 8AM.  We had a nice morning.   I got a lot of things sorted and put away today..   I do feel a bit better but had to rest at about 10:30 as Dick had an appointment with Dr. Cheryl, the eye doctor, at 1:20PM.    We had a good trip.   The most difficult part was getting out of the car at the doctor office.    But it worked and actually, Billie, one of the staff, had a suggestion that just might help that part of the process.    Use a towel, along with the slide board.    We will try it next time.

The exam went well.   Dick's goofy eyelash was coming back but was still not scratching the cornea, so we were in time.   His sight is holding its own and we adjusted the glasses so that it will not be pressing on the bridge of his nose.

The rest of the day, we just hung out.  

Heather, from Embrace came tonight and I spent the time downstairs, mending a couple of shirts and working on the wall hanging that I am making out of Mother's crazy quilt squares.    I wanted to have the downstairs clear of my mess when Richard and Brenda come.    I do know that they wouldn't care, but they deserve an uncluttered place to rest in.

Can you believe that next Thursday will be Thanksgiving already.

I had hoped that Dick would work with me tomorrow to make a batch of his chili.   He had me buy the stuff a couple of weeks ago and keeps putting it off.    I guess I'll just have to do it myself.   It is after all, a measured chili.   I had just wanted us to do something together.

Last night my Bret called.   We had not talked for a couple of weeks and I had been meaning to call him for a couple of days too.   He is very busy at work and putting in overtime.    In the liquor business this happens around the holidays.    He said he has been dating a gal.   I am glad.   Time will tell, of course.   But she seems to be enjoying things he does and he likes doing things she does.    

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: