Monday, August 06, 2012

This is the most frustrating thing.   I am using the laptop and is does not have the same keyboard as the PC.   I am constantly ending up where I do not WANT to be.  It is also not as sensitive to my touch.

I am now redoing what I already did once and lost.

It was a rough night last night.  I got awakened four or five times and finally got up before 6AM because it was not worth trying any longer.     Rob came to pick up the computer at about 8:30AM.  It is SOMETHING with the new hard drive.  God knows what and I hope Rob can figure it out.   He will keep it for a couple of days to be sure that all is well.

I called VNA.   They sent us the wrong CPAP replacement mask and filters.   One would think that they would know what they sent last time.   I am pretty disgusted with that.

So I left at 9AM for Bible Study.  We are reading Psalm 44.  Another Lament.   Boy those old Prophets did a lot of lamenting.    We were saying, though,that we understand the feeling that perhaps God is not hearing us.   I mentioned that often I just say.  " Hey God,  This is Mary.   Can you hear me. "   They all started laughing at me and commented that perhaps I actually had a heads up because of my name.   Think about it.

Had a lovely visit with Mother.   She seems just fine,though kind of weak.   Jeff will be taking her to her doctor tomorrow for a checkup.

Got home and Bobbie, Dick and I had teryaki steak and rice with Cheesecake for dessert.   It was pretty good actually.   I sent a piece of cheesecake home for Bill.

Dick and I both had a nice nap this afternoon.    Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up a couple of hot spots in the kitchen that had been bothering me.

Tomorrow is an at home day.  I do have to get up to get the trash out but it does not have to be out there before 8AM so that is a blessing.

I talked to my friend Maureen last night.  She wants me to talk at the Literary Circle again but asked if I would mind doing a talk as to how I do the story quilted wall hangings.   I kind of like that idea.   Perhaps I can guide others to use their imaginations and get stories of "visions" as I call
them into a form to share with others.    It can be quilting, painting, collage, anything that expresses your feelings.  I will bring my examples and perhaps will have another "vision" by then and have it in the process.


So,my day is almost over.   Dick had a mixed day.   He is always easy to get along with but was leaning to the right today.   It reminded me of a friend of mine, Ronnie Heinze.  They had this big Great Dane/Shepherd mix.   His name was Tucker.   They always took him out on jeep runs and when it came time for a run, Ronnie's wife, Connie, would make Ronnie take Tucker with him.   Ronnie would beg her to please keep Tucker in camp.   "Please, Connie, He LEANS on me."   Tucker would sit nest to Ronnie between the seats in the Jeep.   The longer they drove,the more Tucker would  lean on Ronnie's arm.   Ronnie could take it just so long and then he'd pull his arm out from Tucker who would collapse and then sit up for a while before starting leaning again.

One run, a very hot one,we were driving long the All American Canal and decided to stop for a swim to cool off a bit.   Ronnie decided that Tucker needed to cool off too and pushed him down the side to the water.   Tucker did NOT want to be there.   He pulled himself up on to the concrete side of the canal and walked up that wall ON HIS TOE NAILS.   (They no longer needed to be clipped. )  He got up to the top of the canal, walked over next to his "master" and shook all the water onto him.


So have a lovely sleep.

Until  tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: