Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I slept until 8AM this morning.   Dick slept until almost 11AM.   He didn't seem to want to wake up so I thought I would just see how long he WOULD sleep.   I just hope that this does not screw up tonight's rest. 

Last night I got to sleep through so it was more restful than the night before.

I grateful for the time alone between the time I got up and Dick finally came too.  First, it was trash day, so I got that all out to the corner. Then I finally got the newspapers reviewed and out for recycling.   Then I prepared salmon croquettes, actually in time to refrigerate before frying, which is the proper way.  Roxie was beside herself with the salmon water cocktail that she received.
After lunch, I did get a chance to rest, twice.   The first time I had to get up to help Dick.   Then he decided to nap again (go figure)so I did get to rest for another hour.

We had leftovers for supper.   Heather came at 6:30PM to get Dick ready for bed.   I went to do the grocery shopping.   It was a light week.   Finally, I am stocked up on most things again.   I will stop at Capelle's tomorrow for corn for our lunch.   I dropped some cheese off at Kate and Ron's house.   Kate had gone off to the neighbor's for a porch consultation so  I didn't get to see her.   Ron has been fighting bronchitis but says he is feeling some better.  Pray for him.   He heals slowly.   He gave us some fresh tomatoes from their garden.

My tomato plants look lovely but the tomatoes are not setting on them at all.  I will have a bumper supply of herbs though.

Did I tell you that Nora bought me a bar of Lime Basil & Sweet Orange soap when she and Leif and Eileen and Fred were in Bayfield.   She is so sweet.  It was a tribute to the basil scones that we shared when she and Leif came to visit.

Now the day is done.   I am trying to kill one mosquito that got into the house and then I will go to bed.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary









No comments: