Thursday, August 09, 2012

Guess what I did today.  

I went to Jim Wilsing's house and bought a American Indian Inspired flute.    Jim is such a dear.   He spent an hour with me.   First he had me listen to the four flutes that he had available.  (I did tell you that these are carved of wood and individually created by Jim.)   I picked out the sound that I liked the best.   It is an aromatic cedar flute.

Then he showed me how to finger the holes in the flute and gave me an exercise to do to be sure that I get used to using the pads of my fingers, not the tips.   Then he had me play it.   He says that I should do OK IF I follow his instructions.   This week I must spend at least 15 minutes every day just playing the notes.   Starting from the bottom.   Holding each note as long as I can and finding my best sound on each note. 

Next week, I will go to see him for another lesson.   I love that flute.  It is such a haunting sound.   Jim has used this particular flute, as he uses all of his creations, at Sharon Richardson and it has helped people transition and brought peace to families and staff.  So I know that it has a good spirit to begin with.

I will keep you posted as to my progress.

I got home from my adventure to find that Dick was still sleeping.   I am beginning to get a bit concerned about this sleeping thing.   I had hoped that the mornings that help came would not just be someone being here but would be some of the grunt work of getting him up and his legs on.  This is the second morning this week that he has not gotten up before 10AM.    Perhaps it is time to be checking with a doctor.   We are in bed by 9PM and that should be really quite enough sleep by 8 AM or perhaps 9AM.

So he got up in time for lunch.   Then I napped for a while.    It was a nice rainy day.    Jeff called to tell me that Mom's physical went very well.   Dr. Hancock told her to aim for 100.    She was pleased with that.     He said that now they are really getting too much rain all to once.  We are doing well in Sheboygan County, I believe.   Everything is looking green and I have actually had a couple of tomatoes set on my plants.  I have begun harvesting my herbs.   They have done exceptionally well this year.   They like hot weather I guess.  They have between my efforts and the help of the help been watered enough.

We will go to sleep watching the first Packer Pregame at San Diego.   Should be interesting


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: