Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I did not sleep well last night and it was my own darned fault.    When I was out grocery shopping, I stopped to have a cup of latte and forgot to ask for decaf.   Boy was that a mistake.    I was comfortable in bed but sure did not get to sleep very easy.

I had to get up at 6AM because Heather came at 7:30AM.    I had several errands to do.  


First, I went to Walmart.  I found a clock with nice big bright numbers so that Dick can see it at night.  I got him a watch with bigger numbers too.  Hopefully the time will not be 88:88:88 anymore.  We are both getting a kick out of that.

Next stop was at Walgreens to pick up some pesrcriptions and OTC meds.   From there I went to Cappelle's, the fresh food market, to pick up fresh sweet corn and whatever else looked good.  I am going to have to find a source for fresh eggs when they close for the season.

Then I stopped at the bank to cash a check.  My friend, Ceil,  was there so I got to update with her.  I do miss the Friday lunches at Dairy Queen.  I just can't see changing the help from Embrace for an occasional fix.  Oh. Well.  They do think of me once in a while.  Ceil told me so.

This afternoon, I got the best nap.  I know I slept for over an hour.   Roxie was a happy girl.   She loves it when I get settled and actually sleep.

We were watching a game show that asked that your pilot could do that would make you feel nervous.  I remembered a time when Dick, my ex husband, had to travel to Baja to put a boat together for a client.   He and his companion got into the plane and into the air.   As they were traveling along, the pilot asked Dick to take over the controls because he wanted to check his manuals.   Not very encouraging.  True story.

So sleep tight.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: