Friday, August 17, 2012

There is a hint of autumn in the air.   It was quite comfortable and not at all humid all day today. 

We had to get up early this morning as Jody, the cleaner, comes at 8AM.   This was fine for me.   Dick seemed to do well too.   He was able to rest well while Jody vacuumed.   He loves to sleep with the sound of the vacuum.

Today was the quarterly visit with Dr. Cheryl, the eye doctor, to check that hair that keeps growing under his lid.   It was there.   Otherwise, his eyes are holding their own.  We are to continue with drops an ointment to keep edema from developing.

Home again, we had the best corn on the cob.   Jeff brought it on Wednesday.   So We had corn and tomatoes for our lunch.   Then we both took a nap.

Now, we are into the evening. Kay is here to help with Dick this evening.   I made a trip to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions.   Especially the ones for Dick's eyes.

I cleared a place on the mantle to display the flute.   It looks beautiful there and will keep it away from curious hands.   I practiced today and did pretty well.   I will use the metronome tomorrow so I do better with the beat.

So.  Tomorrow a whole day home with just Dick and me.   The next day I will be gone all day at Irish Fest so felt that it would be a good thing to be sure that everything is prepared for the caregivers and that he feels secure.

Jeff also brought fresh green beans and I will fix our dinner tomorrow around them.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: