Monday, July 02, 2012

What a day.   It was supposed to be a bit cooler today but with the humidity, I could not see any difference at all.    It makes me dread tomorrow which is supposed to hit the high 90's.   Hopefully we will get a bit of rain tonight.    There is a slim chance and I saw that almost a whole herd of cows was laying down in the field this morning.    A very good sign.

I left for Bible Study at 9AM.  I stopped at Cappelle's, the farmers market on Eastern Avenue, on the way and purchased veggies for the week.   A real treat for Dick, Bobbie and I, Wisconsin sweet corn.   I had seen the sign last week and was looking for a window when I could get there.   This morning worked.   I also purchased cauliflower, some sweet peas, a couple of tomatoes and a portabella mushroom for a sandwich for me.

Bible study was well attended.   There were 8 of us.   I will not be able to go next week with the Smiths here.   We are discussing Psalm 51 and had lots of talk about guilt and forgiveness.   We are all good at guilt and we all try to be forgiving.

Then, over to Mom's house.   She is looking forward to seeing the girls and their husbands and that little Marcus guy next Monday.    We took care of her bills and set out her pills and had a good visit before I came back home.

We had that wonderful corn for our lunch with sliced tomato.  It was the first fresh corn for all of us. 

Then Dick went down for a nap and Bobbie and I filtered the wine that I have almost ready to bottle.  In a couple of weeks we will bottle it and then I will be done with winemaking forever.   Bobbie has already taken over the "family business" and is doing an excellent job.

After Bobbie left, I rested for a bit.   Then I cleaned the kitchen,   Dick got up at about 3PM and we have been just kind of hanging around.   I had a couple of phone and computer projects that I did get done so feel that it has been a successful day.

I am very tired and may just lie down on the couch to rest until it is time to help Dick to bed.

Take care and be safe

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: