Tuesday, July 03, 2012

It actually rained this morning.   Not a nice long soaking rain, which we really could use, but a real rain.  I am sure all the plants and trees appreciated it.   I know I did.  It kept things relatively cool until after 9AM.

I got up at about 7 this morning.    I always have to feed the cat at 6, or she beats me up.   But I came back to bed for a bit.    Then we were busy.    All the usual morning things and Tuesday is trash day.   As I had cleaned the garage, there was LOTS of trash coming out of our house.    Every time I went outside some neighbor or other was out, so I got some visiting in too.

I cleaned out the refrigerator today.   You can hardly tell, actually, but I did dump anything that was too out of date and a couple things that we will never never use.   And it is really clean.    I needed to know just exactly WAS there so I know that I am ready for the guests next week.

The only day I am committing the guest to is Monday.    We will go to see Mother in the late morning.   She is so delighted to be able to see the girls and meet their husbands and see this first of her great great grandchildren.   I figure we will leave here at about 10AM and come back by noon.   An hour to an hour and a half is long enough for Mom.   She does get tired but loves the company.   Richard and Brenda are planning on arriving here around noon.   I am preparing the "famous Kunert spinach/egg and cheese casserole" for our lunch.   Bobbie will be here with her Dad while we go to Mom's and can pop it into the oven.

Then Tuesday on, they can plan themselves.   I rather imagine that the girls might want to see their father, for example, or drive around Sheboygan a bit.   I have plenty of food and easy meals but if they have other plans that is just fine too.   I want them to have a good time and we want  to be able to spend some time with them and to cuddle that little baby Marcus.  

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.   We are not doing anything special.   I will put the flag out in the morning and I am frying brats and making a potato salad for our lunch.  

Hope you are all safe and celebrate the 4th too. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: