Saturday, July 21, 2012

The heat has returned in force.  Humidity and all. 

I say again.   How wonderful it is to have an air conditioner.   What did we ever do when we "old folks" did when we were young.    Mother remembers that on really hot nights we kids would come downstairs and sleep in front of the open front door.   Later we had ceiling fans which helped.   The trouble was that heat rises up and, of course, the upstairs where our bedrooms were was the hottest part of the house.   Yet, we all survived childhood.

Dick and I slept late this morning.   Saturday and Sunday are about the only days that we can do that.  The other days have people coming, or trash to put out or something and I have to get up at 6AM or so and have Dick up by 8AM or so.

I was busy all day and can not really tell you what I accomplished.   Heather from Embrace came at 3:30PM so that I could go to Mass.   Mass was really nice as usual.   I was assigned to be Eucharistic Minister which is always a thrill to me.   The readings were about Shepherding.  Good and Bad Shepherds from the Kings of Israel B.C. to Jesus and on to ourselves now.  Jesus wants us to carry on his good shepherding and bring all to Him.

Home again, we had pasties and salad for our supper.

Now it is getting close to time for Dick to get ready for bed and for me to follow him.   We have tomorrow all day at home so I can hopefully finish all the chores that I have set aside to finish before Monday.

They are all computer related and I should be able to do it.

Dia Dhuit

Mary










No comments: