Thursday, July 19, 2012

It was much cooler today and we got two spits of rain.  That is all you can really call them.  Better than nothing but not enough to soak the earth and make the plants feel that they are loved.

My friend Rosemary Mugan says that the farm is way behind on hay.  They need rain so desparately.  Let's hope that the corn, which is high has eared out and there is enough food for the livestock at least.  We need all of it but reserves of milk and meat are harder to find.

I had an 8AM appointment with Dr. Murthy this morning.   We agreed that the new med has helped my stomach pain.  I am going to reduce the anti depressant further to see if it will increase my energy without increasing anxiety.   How one tells, I don't know.  But I will rely on Dick to tell me is I become more anxious.   As Dr. Murthy says,  we can always put it back in the mix if I need it.

I stopped for a nice quiet cup of coffee at the Exchange Bank after the appointment.  At 9AM, I went to the bank for a couple of errands and then to Walgreens to pick up several prescriptions.   I found some good bargains as to some of the things I now need to take care of Dick, so stocked up.  Do you have any idea what rubber gloves cost?

Home again, we had a rather quiet day.   Dick's side rail on his hospital bed was loose.   Josh from VNA came and tightened it.   It is not really intended for pulling him up so we are looking at other alternatives.  At least we have some leeway now.

Dick has gone to bed very early, so I will follow by 8:30PM as he may wake me up in the middle of the night if he needs help.   Only time will tell.  He does seem to be more sleepy these days.

So Another busy day.  Tomorrow we get to be home all day.    Jody comes to clean in the morning and Kay will help put Dick to bed in the evening so it should be relaxing.  I have several unfinished desk things that must be done and want to be able to get back to my writing and quilting.

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: